How do I restore my HTC Desire to factory settings?
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Once the HTC logo appears on-screen, release all buttons.
- Select factory reset. Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the power button to select.
- Once the data wipe is completed, the device reboots normally.
How do I reset my HTC Desire without a password?
To perform the factory reset:
- Turn the power off.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button while powering the phone on.
- Continue holding the VOLUME button while the phone powers on, and then release the VOLUME button when you see a screen with menu options.
Is a hard reset a factory reset?
A factory reset relates to the rebooting of the entire system, while hard resets relates to the resetting of any hardware in the system. It cleans the entire system of the device. It is probably done at the time of updating to a new version of the device’s software.
Why can’t I reset my phone to factory settings?
If the “Factory Reset” won’t work for you, you could have an app or two on the device that is prohibiting it. Try restarting the device and try again after the restart. If that doesn’t work, you may well want to back up whatever you want to keep on the device and then try the “Hard Reset“.
How do I factory reset my HTC Desire 12?
Resetting HTC Desire 12+ (Hard reset)
- From the Home screen, swipe up and then tap Settings > System > Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my HTC Desire 530?
Press and hold the Volume down button. While continuing to hold the Volume down button, press and hold the Power button until the boot mode screen appears, then release the both buttons. Press the Volume down button to scroll down and highlight ‘factory reset‘ (displayed in blue font) then press the Power button.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset: Step by step
- Open up your settings.
- Go to System > Advanced > Reset Options > Erase All Data (Factory Reset) > Reset Phone.
- You may need to enter a password or PIN.
- Finally, tap Erase Everything.
How do I do a hard reset on my HTC One?
Master reset with hardware keys
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Be sure the phone is off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- Turn the phone on by pressing the Power key until the phone vibrates, then release Power.
- Continue holding the Volume Down key.
How do I boot my HTC into recovery mode?
Recovery Mode HTC One ME
- First of all,, turn off the phone by holding the Power button.
- Then hold and press Volume Down + Power button.
- When you see Bootloader Mode menu release held buttons.
- From the menu choose option “RECOVERY MODE“.
- Then you will see the Recovery Mode menu.
What happens when a factory reset doesn’t work?
Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased. If your device freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it restarts. If the factory reset process doesn‘t fix your problems – or doesn‘t work at all – it’s likely that there’s a problem with your device’s hardware.
What happens when you do a factory reset?
A Factory Reset removes all user data from a device and reverts it back to default settings, or to be more exact, returns it to the way it was when you first purchased the device.
What are the disadvantages of factory reset?
Disadvantages of Android Factory Reset:
It will remove all the application and their data which might cause a problem in the future. All of your login credentials will be lost and you have to sign-in all of your accounts again. Your personal contact list will also be erased from your phone during the factory reset.
What does ## 72786 do?
Network Reset for Google Nexus Phones
To network reset most Sprint phones you can dial ##72786# – These are the dial pad numbers for ##SCRTN# or SCRTN Reset.
How do I force my Samsung to factory reset?
Turn off your phone, then press and hold the Power/Bixby key and Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key. Release the keys when the Android mascot appears. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the Volume Down key to select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power/Bixby key to proceed.