Yes, you can use it as a TV and you can use any apps that do not require the internet.
My current TV is a smart TV that I can use to access numerous web sites to stream video and even has a basic web browser and email client.
I never use any of the apps and it is not connected to the internet by wire or wireless.
How do I setup Internet on my smart TV?
How to connect
- find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- select the option to enable wired internet.
- type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
How can you tell if you have a smart TV?
The called smart TV are normal TVs with Apps installed. Your remote control should have an home button or something like that or a Netflix button. If you want to know the exactly specifications of your TV, behind you should have a white label with the model.
Are smart TVs worth it?
It’s no different for Smart TVs: whether the problem is second-rate WiFi hardware or hastily-created user interfaces, if the components come up short, the TV just isn’t worth it, no matter how “smart” it claims to be. This also plays into the longevity of the device.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”