Since MKV is an open standard and free container format, it can be played on compatible devices or by downloading file codecs.
For example, Samsung TV claims to support MKV files, but it cannot play the ones having Dolby Audio and other incompatible formats as its content.
How can I play MKV files on my TV?
Launch the TV MKV Converter and click the “Add Video” button to load the MKV video files you want to convert. For streaming MKV file to Smart TV/LED TV/LCD TV, choose “H.264 Video(*.mp4)” from “Common Video” column can be a suitable choice. If you want to get 1080P video source, you can choose HD MP4 format.
How can I play MKV files on Android TV?
In a case like this, you have to make audio stream in MKV files compatible with your Android TV and Plex.
Convert MKV Files and then Play on Android TV
- Load MKV videos.
- Choose the optimized format for Android TV.
- Start the MKV to Android TV conversion.
Does Samsung TV read MKV?
Different MKV files tends to contain different video and audio codecs. The MKV files with unsupported audio codec (i.e. MKV DTS files) certainly can’t be played on the Samsung TV. It’s easy to use for conversion and can effortlessly change the MKV files to a fully compatible format with Samsung TV.
How can I play MKV files on Android?
Follow the tutorial on how to play MKV on Android below step by step.
- Add MKV Files to the Converter. You can click the “Add Files” button in the central part of the interface, or directly drag the MKV videos you want to convert to the program.
- Choose Android Compatible Format MP4 File.
- Convert MKV to Android MP4 Format.
How do I convert MKV to mp4 with VLC?
So to convert an MKV file to MP4:
- Run “VLC media player”.
- From main menu select “Media” > “Convert / Save”.
- On “File” tab, click “Add” button.
- Choose you MKV file.
- Click “Convert/Save” button.
- Select Profile: “Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4)”.
- Click on the icon button that has hint: “Edit selected profile”.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”