The workaround is to connect a device that IS supported to the TV’s HDMI ports (like the Amazon Kindle Fire Stick) and then stream the Amazon Prime movie content to the TV.
Other model Sharps have the Android platform and Google PLAY can download the Amazon Prime app, but your uses the Smart Central HUB.
How do I add apps to my Sharp TV?
Steps to download and install an application on your Sharp AQUOS Crystal
- From the home screen, tap Play Store.
- Tap APPS.
- Swipe left or right to the preferred sorting option.
- Scroll to and tap the preferred application.
- Tap INSTALL.
- Review the system permissions information and tap ACCEPT.
How do I connect my phone to my Sharp Smart TV?
Connect your Smart TV to WiFi
- Hit the Menu button on your Sharp TV remote.
- Select Internet Setup > Network Setup > Connection Type.
- Select Wireless for connection type.
- Select Wireless Setup > Change > Search.
- Find your Shaw network name in the list of available networks and select it.
- Enter your network password.
How do I get the spectrum app on my Sharp Smart TV?
Sharp Smart TV WiFi Connection
- Press the Menu button on your Sharp TV remote control.
- Select Internet Setup, then Network Setup and then Connection Type.
- For the connection type, choose Wireless.
- Select Wireless Setup, then Change and then Search.
- Scroll to the name of your desired WiFi network and select it.
- Enter your WiFi network password.
How do I update apps on my Sharp Smart TV?
Open your Web browser and go to the Sharp product downloads page (link in Resources). Select “LCD TVs” in the product category menu, then select your TV’s model number. Click “Firmware” in the download type menu, then click “Search.”