To do this, head to the Settings menu and select Smart Features.
Then scroll down to Voice Recognition and switch it off.
While you will no longer be able to use the “Hi TV” command to activate the voice features, you can still access them by pressing the microphone button on your remote.
How do I turn off the audio description on my TV?
Turn off Descriptive Audio
- Select Settings from your device’s home screen.
- Select General.
- Select Accessibility.
- Select Audio Descriptions.
- Set the toggle switch to Off.
- Return to the Netflix app and begin playing a movie or TV show.
What is voice guide on Samsung TV?
Samsung smart TVs have a number of features to improve the user experience for the visually impaired or hard of hearing, and they can be found under the Accessibility portion of the Settings menu. 2. Turn the Voice Guide on or off.
How do I get rid of the commentary on my TV?
Turning Audio Description off and on
- Freesat Receivers: On some boxes, try Menu > Settings > Language. You may find the “Audio Description” option there, with an option to “Enable” or “Disable”
- Sky+ HD Box: Press Services, scroll to “Options”. Select “Subtitles”.
- Basic Sky box / Older Sky+ box: Press “Services”.
How do I turn off the microphone on my Samsung Smart TV?
How do I turn off audio description on Samsung TV?
AD on satellite
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Select Settings using the up/down arrow button and press OK.
- Select accessibility using the up/down arrow button and press OK.
- Select Audio Description so it shows as On.
How do I turn off narration on my TV?
To disable Video Description, enter your TV Settings by pressing MENU on your remote control, then select Accessibility, then Video Description. You can set this option to On or Off.
How do I turn off voice over on my TV?
On your remote, press the Menu button three times to turn VoiceOver on or off. You can also go to Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn VoiceOver on or off. To turn the accessibility shortcut on, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut, then select VoiceOver.
Is my smart TV listening to me?
Most Samsung smart TVs require users to press a microphone button before using voice commands, but the mic is always listening on models like the PN60F8500, which have voice recognition ( “Hi TV”), as well as a built-in microphone and camera. If you have a Samsung TV, there are several ways to turn off voice recording.
Can your smart TV spy on you?
Then, there’s Samsung. It was revealed last year that some Samsung smart TV models can “capture voice commands and associated texts so that we can provide you with Voice Recognition features and evaluate and improve the features.” In 2013, LG wasn’t sure if its smart TVs were spying on you or not.
How do I turn off the startup sound on my Samsung TV?
Press the MENU button. At the botttom of your screen you have the setup selections. Scroll over to the SOUND option and select that, A menu should appear and toward the bottom of the menu you should see MELODY. Scroll down to that and select ON or OFF.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”