How to connect
- find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- select the option to enable wired internet.
- type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
Do smart TVs work without Internet connection?
Smart TVs can connect to the internet via a wired Ethernet connection or through built-in Wi-Fi that allows it to connect to the home broadband network. * If the TV comes sans in-built Wi-Fi connectivity but supports mirroring, you can enjoy the internet even without Wi-Fi.
Can you use a smart TV without cable?
This allows you to connect to the Internet using your home network without plugging your Internet cable directly to the TV or set-top. Now to your question: You don’t need a video subscription to a satellite, cable or telco TV service to use a Smart TV or Smart TV device, such as a Blu-ray player or Roku.
How do you get Freeview on a smart TV?
Plug in the aerial and turn the TV on. Most TVs will start with a set up procedure for you to follow. If you have a smart TV then it you will be asked for your Wi-Fi network and password so have these ready. Then you will be asked to tune your TV to find the available Freeview channels.