Samsung Smart TV – Apps Won’t Update.
Certain apps on my Samsung Smart TV will not update.
Such as Netflix and Hulu.
The option to update the software through the television’s menu is also grayed out.
How do I reinstall Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV?
Reset the Smart Hub
- Exit the Smart Hub. You cannot reset the Smart Hub if it is in use.
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Navigate to and select the Smart Hub section of the main menu.
- Select Smart Hub Reset. This will remove all downloaded apps!
- Enter your PIN and press Enter.
- Select Smart Hub.
- Try Netflix again.
How do I reset Netflix on my smart TV?
From within the Netflix app, use the arrows on your remote to enter the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. Select Sign out, Start Over, Deactivate, or Reset. You will now be given the option to sign in as a different Netflix member.
How do I change my Hulu profile on my Samsung Smart TV?
If you need to change the gender on your profile this can be changed in the menu options.
- Go to the Hulu Website and log in.
- Select the profile you wish to edit as the one watching.
- Hover over the name on the top right until a menu option appears.
- Select “Profiles.”
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”