A smart TV uses your home network to provide streaming video and services on your TV, and smart TVs use wired Ethernet and built-in Wi-Fi to stay connected.
Most current TVs support 802.11ac Wi-Fi, but watch for older models, which may still use the older 802.11n standard.
Will a smart TV work without Internet connection?
Yes, you can use it as a TV and you can use any apps that do not require the internet. My current TV is a smart TV that I can use to access numerous web sites to stream video and even has a basic web browser and email client. I never use any of the apps and it is not connected to the internet by wire or wireless.
What does it mean when your TV has built in WiFi?
What Is ‘Built-in’ Wifi? Built-in wifi simply means that the device you are looking at comes with wifi connectivity. However, if you are using an older computer (or your built-in wifi has broken), you can buy a USB adapter to give your computer wireless connectivity.
How can I get Internet on my TV?
How to connect
- find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- select the option to enable wired internet.
- type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”