Connect Your Soundbar to the TV Using HDMI
- Power on your TV and soundbar.
- Connect one end of an HDMI cable into the HDMI IN (ARC) port on your TV.
- Connect the other end into the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port on your soundbar.
- TV ARC appears on the soundbar display and the TV will output audio through the soundbar.
Do you connect Soundbar to TV or cable box?
If your TV supports ARC connections, it means you can connect all of your kit (set-top boxes, games consoles, etc.) to your soundbar, then just use a single HDMI cable to connect your soundbar to your TV.
How do you connect a soundbar to a TV without an optical cable?
How To Connecting Soundbar to TV without Optical Cable
- Plug in one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT jack.
- Now, connect the remaining end of the HDMI cable to the ARC or HDMI IN jack.
- Turn on the soundbar by pressing the power button or use the remote.
- Then, click the source button on the soundbar.
How do I connect my Kogan soundbar to my Kogan TV?
To enable the ARC Function on your TV, please follow the steps below:
- Connect “HDMI 2” to your ARC-enabled AMP.
- Go to “DTV” mode and press the menu button.
- Scroll right to “Function” and press OK.
- Select the “CEC” option and turn “HDMI ARC” on.
How do I connect my soundbar to my Samsung Smart TV?
Connecting to Your TV
- Press Source on the remote or soundbar until BT appears on the display.
- BT will change to BT PAIRING.
- Enter the Speaker menu on your TV and then select Bluetooth Audio.
- Select [AV] Samsung Soundbar from the list of Bluetooth devices and then select Pair and connect.
Does my Samsung TV support SoundConnect?
TV SoundConnect allows you to connect your Samsung TV and audio product wirelessly via a Bluetooth connection. Select the ‘Source’ icon of the Multiroom App and choose the ‘TV SoundConnect’. Please note that TV SoundConnect is only supported by selected Samsung TV models released after 2012.
How do you connect a soundbar to a TV without HDMI or optical?
- When you connect an external device to TV (without ARC) and Sound Bar, connect the HDMI cable (sold separately) from the external device to the TV. Then, connect the external device to the Sound bar using an optical cord (sold separately).
- If you want to connect to just the TV, then the HDMI connection is unnecessary.
Can you use any sound bar on any TV?
Yes, most home theater gadgets these days use HDMI, but that doesn’t mean you necessarily need HDMI ports on your sound bar. Instead, you can connect all your home theater devices directly to your TV, then use the TV’s audio output to connect to the sound bar.
Do I need a soundbar for my Smart TV?
That’s a big step up over TV audio. Most decent soundbars also have separate tweeters and woofers, which handle the high and low sounds respectively. Active soundbars have built-in amplifiers. So all you need to do is plug in your TV (or cable box/Blu-ray player/web streamer, whatever), and you’ll get sound.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”