Connect the HDMI cable to an available HDMI port on your television.
Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Wii U console.
Turn your television on.
Select the correct input channel on your television.
How do you connect a Wii to a smart TV?
How to Connect the Wii to a TV Using AV Cables
- On your television, locate a set of yellow, red, and white holes labeled “Input.”
- Insert the AV Multi Out plug of the Wii AV Cable into the AV Multi Out connector on the back of the console.
- Insert the colored connectors on the Wii AV Cable into the input connectors on the TV.
Why does my Wii have no color?
Try another set of inputs on the TV, or connecting the Wii console up to another TV. If the TV does not have the yellow, red and white inputs, it will most likely have component inputs which allow standard AV cable use. Try these AV connection steps. Check the TV for alternate AV input settings, such as HD vs Video.
How do I connect component cables to my TV?
What to Do:
- Locate the audio/video input jacks AND the component input jacks on the TV.
- Connect the rectangular plug of the Component Video Cable into the Digital AV Out port on the back of the Wii console.
- Connect the Component Video Cable to the television as follows.