How to connect
- find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- select the option to enable wired internet.
- type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
Why is my Samsung Smart TV not connecting to the Internet?
If the TV does not connect, you may have to adjust the IP address settings in Network Setup. Next, power off the TV and unplug the modem and router/access point. Wait about 30 seconds, plug the modem and router/access point back in, and then power on the TV. Rerun the Network Test.
How do I setup Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV?
If your remote has a Smart Hub button
- Press the Smart Hub button.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Sign In. If you do not see Sign In, select Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix? screen. If you are not yet a member, set up your membership online.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password.
- Select Sign In.
How do I connect my Samsung Smart TV to Ethernet?
Connect an ethernet cable to the LAN port on the One Connect Box or back of the TV, and then connect the other end to your router/modem. From the Home screen, use the TV remote to navigate to and select Settings > General > Network. Next, select Open Network Settings > Wired.
How do I connect my Samsung Smart TV to the Internet wirelessly?
- On your Samsung remote, press Menu.
- Scroll to Network and select it.
- Choose Wireless as the Network Type.
- Select Network Setup.
- Choose Select a Network.
- Select your WiFi network from the list.
- Using the onscreen keyboard, enter your WiFi password.
How do I use the Internet on my smart TV?
Connect the Smart TV to the Internet either by plugging the television directly to your router or by setting up the television’s wireless connection. Most users wirelessly set up their television. To set up your television’s wireless connection, use the remote to go to Menu, then Network, and then Network Settings.
How do I reset my network settings on my Samsung Smart TV?
Reset the Smart Hub and Samsung Account Settings
- From the Settings Menu, select the Support icon.
- Select Self Diagnosis.
- Scroll down the page and select Reset Smart Hub.
Can you use a smart TV without Internet?
Yes, you can use it as a TV and you can use any apps that do not require the internet. My current TV is a smart TV that I can use to access numerous web sites to stream video and even has a basic web browser and email client. I never use any of the apps and it is not connected to the internet by wire or wireless.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”